Healthy tomato sauce with chicken
Simple and quick to cook
1 tablespoon of olive oil to cook
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
1 garlic cloves, crushed and sliced
1-2 tbsp. tomato puree
1lb of ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped or 1 tin of plum tomatoes
1 small shallot, finely chopped
2 medium sized chicken breasts or 4 chicken drumsticks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Warm the olive oil in the pan at medium heat, add the onions and garlic and fry them for 3-4 minutes. But don’t brown them.
- Combine the tomato puree and cook for a minute before adding in chopped tomatoes.
- Then season with some salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook until onions are transparent
- Place chicken breasts in the pan and cook slowly until tender
- Taste and add more seasoning to taste if necessary.
- Stir in the basil.